Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend 2008

Sorry, no pictures. Hopefully, we will get our camera in working condition soon.



I think it is safe to say that this has been quite a weekend and the week leading up to this weekend has been nothing short of an emotional roller coaster (and no it is not because I am pregnant). Our best friends called on Tuesday and said that they really wanted to get out of town and what better place than Lansing, MI. They've heard some great things about this beautiful city and decided that that is where they would like to spend their Labor Day, here with us. It was the best phone call ever, I was seriously smiling the cheesiest ear to ear smile when Scott finally came home from class and I was able to tell him the good news.


We also found out that we are expecting a little girl on Wednesday. I just couldn't be happier. I didn't want to jinx myself so I kept saying that I thought it was a boy because I didn't want to be devastated if it were a boy, not that I wouldn't have been happy either way, BUT I REALLY WANTED A GIRL. I am ready for bows and dresses and cute little sandals and most of all I am excited to see Scott with HIS little girl. He is going to be putty in her hands and I just can't wait for that. (When we found out it is a girl, he said "I am okay with putting Beckett in timeout but I just don;t think I will be able to discipline my daughter. It's already starting. She is approximately 1/2 lb and already he is helpless to her powers) OH and I can't wait for Beckett to be a big brother. I just think he is going to be the best big brother in the whole world. And every little girl needs a big brother. We got him a little baby doll a few weeks ago and he loves his little baby doll, he takes it with him when we go on walks and lets it sit next to him, he puts it in the bouncy seat and even gives it kisses. I will say "Beckett, where is your baby" and immediately he will go and find it; occasionally, he will throw it across the room or carry it by its leg but that is normal...Right. :) I know that it will have its ups and downs and that Beckett will probably not be as gentle as we would like 100% of the time but that's life and besides, I am positive that my older bothers and sisters weren't "gentle" all of the time and I am still here to tell about it so I am just excited to meet the new little addition to our family. It seems like this pregnancy is going by so much quicker than the first but I am much more impatient this time, the weeks keep passing but I still want them to go quicker. I cannot wait for January!!!!! I love feeling her move. Beckett was not nearly so noticeably active so early. In fact, I still hadn't felt Beckett when I was this far with him, but she moves ALL of the time almost as if she is having her own personal dance party in my belly.


Thursday, there was a bit of drama at my job and I feel as though I have been completely affected by it. I feel like the entire thing was handled improperly and that certain "true" characters were exposed and the reality of the situation is that I would not typically work with those people It makes me so angry to think that I have wasted the last 2 years here working for a company where I am not appreciated nor am I treated as a contributing member of the staff. Fortunately, I have a great husband who is understanding and who loves me and only wants the best for me, so I know that no matter what happens I can expect full support from him. I am dreading the start of the work week, this weekend has been a complete escape, thanks again M&M, but it will only be a 3 day work week so that's a PLUS!


Friday was the much anticipated arrival of Marc, Michelle, Natalie and Julia it was so good to see them.


Saturday was our anniversary; we have been married for 5 years. It is hard to believe that it has already been 5 years I feel like I still remember our wedding, in detail, like it was just a year or two ago but then I feel like I have always been with Scott. He makes me feel like I am home. I know that doesn't make a ton of sense but that is how I feel . I know that I lived without him and I know that I was happy, but never as happy as I am with him. I feel as if he has given me everything that I have ever wanted, I know that it is cliché but I have the perfect life. I have everything that is truly important with a few added bonuses. I LOVE our family.


Today we had a ton of fun. We went and played kickball with some friends this morning, and had a great day chillaxing with the Hogges, turns out that Erika and Michelle are not so distant, distant relatives, we are hoping that they plan a "family" get together in the near future so that we can see them again. Unfortunately, Marc and Michelle left to go home around 3. It was by far the saddest part of my entire week. I love them so much. Thank you Marc and Michelle for coming up to see us. We are very sad that you had to leave today. I hate goodbyes, especially to those that I never want to say goodbye to. We are so lucky to have you as friends.


This evening was the Labor Day Picnic for church and there are a ton of new people.There was a great turn out and the activities committee did a great job. We are really lucky to be in a ward with so many great people who are all going through similar situations. Sometimes it is hard to be in such a transient ward but it really is the best ward that we could be in.

4 comments:

Jennalee :) said...

Faith!!! Congratulations!!! I was hoping you would have posted what you were expecting so I could find out before I got back. She will be so beautiful. Hooray!

Mark Christie Family said...

Congratualations on having a girl!! Beckett is going to be such a great big brother. And don't worry, they do know that the real baby is different than the doll they can throw across the room!!! He will love her. That is so awesome that you got to get together with some out of town friends.

Amy said...

so I hope you can get together with all the cousins out there- i am jealous- no one lives here anymore

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

What a cute post. I loved what you said about Scott with his little girl. It really is the best. I hope things are better at work.