Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lately, I have been having some issues. I didn't really think too much of it until Monday. I have been living on Tylenol for the last 2 weeks, everyday I have had to deal with a horrendous headache, accompanied by a little dizziness. I just contributed it to being pregnant. Also, my legs and arms have been going numb and tingling. Again, I just wrote it off. I have also been having contractions, painful, cramping contractions that come every 3-10 minutes and lasting for anywhere from 1-3 hours, but then they stop. Monday, I was getting ready to go to the movies and I had spots all over my vision. I asked my friend and she said that I should probably tell my doctor. The spots, dizziness, swelling, numb appedages, headaches, kept getting progressively worst each day. Thursday I told my doctor everything and it turns out that those aren't "normal" things so she said that she wanted to induce me on Wednesday (39 Weeks), she sent me down for blood work to make sure they weren't missing anything and ordered 2 non-stress tests. She said that if all of my symptoms went a way then I could call here Tuesday night and cancel the induction. Well, here I am on Tuesday, with all of the same symptoms and I am having mixed feelings. I am going to be really sad when I am not pregnant. Not that I am not uncomfortable and that my back doesn't hurt, and that it is hard to breath, but I like my belly, and I like being pregnant. I am really excited to meet Monroe but I feel like I need another week or two, maybe three to get everything ready.... Or maybe the thought of having 2 kids is really starting to make me anxious....Scott starts classes tomorrow so I am really afraid of how Beckett is going to respond to not being my "baby". This is where the emotions start to surface. I am anxious to have a healthy baby, who I can bring home. I am nervous that something might happen. On the other side I am nervous to bring home a newborn. Beckett was more than a month old before he was put solely under our care. I know that whatever is going to happen will happen and that I will survive whatever it is that is in store for me, but I feel like it is reality now. So much to do so little time.

Might as well be 39 weeks... (actually 38 weeks & 5 days)
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Janee said...

Nice! Hey those sound like the symptoms I had when they decided to induce me (plus my blood pressure was through the roof). I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone by (for me at least). I'll be there in 19 weeks or so :) Best wishes for tomorrow - if there's anyone who gives birth like a rock star, it's you! Love ya!

Jensie Simkins said...

Good luck!

KYLE and NATALIE KOESTER said...

Good luck with everything. It is an exciting time and I wish you the best!

Aubreydoll said...

Holy cow, I can't believe you're done already (or will be soon)! Good luck with everything and I think I'll have to find out how things go with two kids! I'm scared!

Ann said...

Hey. Sorry if my post scared you. I've been meaning to update it on how its been since E.Jay is back in school. It really isn't as bad as my worst thoughts. So far its been good and I wouldn't take it back for the world. Oh, and props to you if you still like being prego. I am sooo glad I'm not any more! Too much pain, I was done. Good luck and let us know if you need any help at all.

The Kelly Family said...

Good Luck Faith. BTW Monroe is an awesome name!

elise blaine said...

lemme know how it goes cuz i am having the same worries right now. about the 2 kids thing, though i am totally emotionally done being pregnant. you'll do great today! good luck :D

Jamie said...

Hey Faith. I ran into your husband and Erika at the movie last night and they said you were going in to be induced today! Good luck with everything! I know how you feel about the second child coming. I feel the same way with Cohen. I feel sad that he's getting bigger and isn't going to be the baby anymore. You'll have to let me know how that transition goes.

lizS said...

i hope everything went okay!! and having two children i will just say the first year is hard. when we got home from the hospital, john said something like "we're a two kid family now!" and i just burst into tears. but i made it, and it gets way better after that, lol! good luck, man, i know you can do it!