Our little boy is getting so big. I can't believe that he is 2 years old. I remember going to see my doctor while I was prgnant with Beckett and she said that she wouldn't let me go past my due date; the next day I went to go see the specialist, that was following my pregnancy because of the issues that Beckett had, and he said that there was no need to wait and that he wanted me to be induced at my docs earliest convenience...which just happened to be that night. I was a little upset that they wouldn't wait a few days, I did the math and I figured that if I was induce on February 13th Beckett would be born on the 14th and I didn't want to share that day. I know it was really selfish of me but I knew that Scott and I would want to go out, at some point in our marriage, and I wouldn't want to leave Beckett on his birthday...After Beckett was born I was completely ashamed that those thoughts even went through my mind. What better gift could I ask for each and every Valentine's Day?
We had a very relaxed Valentine's Day, we spent all morning taking turns letting each other nap. Nothing says "I love you" to 2 sleep deprived people better than, "I'll watch the kids if you want to lay down". After we realized that our day had been relatively unproductive we decided to go get a few things at the store. I know it seems silly & completely not romantic, but it was such a wonderful day, just being together...grocery shopping. We came home and made Beckett's cake & ICING
I couldn't deprive him of one of my favorite childhood delights. Licking the beaters.
We used to fight over them. I am pretty sure that this was one of the highlights of his day. He was so excied to get the beater and I cheated a little I dipped them one last time in the icing before I gave it to him.
AAAHHHH! The sweet goodness of sugar!!!!
Beckett and Scott putting his motorcycle together.
The finished productAfter all of the excitement (and sugar) Beckett didn't get to bed until after 11pm, but not to worry he still woke up at his usual time (7am)...
6 comments:
Your post was very sweet, I think. What a great day! Who cares what you did? I think that you spent the day just being together, obviously enjoying each other, makes for a GREAT Valentine's Day!!!
Happy Birthday, Beckett!
What an awesome motorcycle. I better not let EZ see that. Also of course he still woke up at his usual time. Kids can be evil that way.
Happy birthday B! We miss our lil man! Dan says he loves his present :)
hAPPY bIRTHDAY! mASON GOT THE SAME MOTORCYCLE FOR HIS 2ND BIRTHDAY. hE STILL LOVES IT MORE THAN ALL OF HIS OTHER OUTDOOR TOYS!! wE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS SOON
sry Gregg always messes with the caps button. I forgot to turn it off... Happy Birthday Beckett!
Post a Comment