Saturday, January 9, 2010

SICKOS!!!!!

I have not posted anything in a LONG time. I am not sure that I have an excuse or that I need one, but I do feel a little ashamed that I have gone so long without documenting so many things. I know that I will be most sad about the little things that I probably won't remember...Especially now that I have mom brain. My memory seems to be shot. Not completely but my kids milestones and such keep running into each other and I just don't know anymore.
The most interesting thing (in my world) is the fact that I am SICK. I know, I know, why am I on the dang computer...I AM SICK OF BEING SICK! I am sick of feeling like I should be in bed (which I have been feeling like I should be in bed for about the last 6 hours). Seriously, how many times can the people within one household get sick? We were sick on Thanksgiving, we were sick on Christmas and we are sick again. I painted last Sunday and immediately after coming up the stairs I started realizing that my chest hurt. I started to cough, one of those coughs that you know is going to be around for a little while. I went to work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (much to the dismay of Betty and Wanda, but I swore that my lungs were just irritated from the fumes) on Wednesday my boss came to me and asked who was doing all of the coughing and then said that I should go home. It was nice to go home but I didn't feel any better, I still did not want to admit that I was sick. ...So much for that. Thursday night I started to feel HORRIBLE and by Friday I was down for the ten count. I slept ALL day ( Thanks Scott & Michelle for taking care of the kiddos) Today I woke up and thought I was feeling better. I desperately wanted something to do...but there was nothing, nobody around. I was starting to feel sad but then my Aunt Kim came over and gabbed and played a few games with me, we took Beckett to the doctor because he has a horrendous cough, too. The doctor put him on an oral steroid, an antibiotic and instructions to continue with albuterol on the nebulizer. (UGH) I am a little worried because on the side of the oral steroid it says "This medicine may lower your ability to fight off infections. Avoid people who have contagious diseases." I think it was about 30 minutes before I read this that my sickness came back with avengence. I feel HORRIBLE. Am I going to get him sick? I am freaking out a little. I went to the store to uy some puffs plus & the ingredients for chicken noodle soup. I really hope that this passes quickly!
Scott is starting to feel sick too :(

8 comments:

..................... said...

Thanks! We are very excited! There is a ton of stuff to pick from it's very overwhelming and that it is the first kid to all the girl things to choose from...I might just loose it! Well hope everyone feels better!

Tiffany Meagan said...

It's about time! I've missed reading about the fam :)
Hope you feel better!

McGinnis Family said...

Yayyyy for a post! I'm so glad you took the time to post something. Life is hectic and crazy so, you do what you can! However, I'm so sorry you're fighting sicknesses so much! Makes it hard to enjoy the holidays when you're all sick! I hope, hope, hope you all get better soon!

Janee said...

Hey sorry I missed your call. We were out to dinner. I'll call ya tomorrow k :)

SUCK about being sick! I definitely think you need some sunshine and palm trees. AZ is calling...

Amy said...

whether your sick or not, it it is good to have you back- more posts please- It is nice to think you are there.. and I know little about yoru life!

Willow said...

Nice to hear from you, but sorry you're sick. So the doctor put Beckett on tons of meds -- WHAT DID HE PUT YOU ON? You're supposed to take care of YOU, TOO, girl.

I'd make the chicken soup for you if you were still here. Hope you all get better soon.

Anna said...

last year was like that for us...it was horrible...I hope you all start feeling well again soon...& take it easy...I always try to keep going and it gets so much worse :( Get well soon & keep posting :)

ashley said...

I'm sorry you guys have been so sick. We were sick on Christmas too. it's such a bummer. Beckett and Monroe are so grown up! We miss you guys!