Last night as I was downloading pictures on to the computer Scott & I took a trip down "memory lane". It is amazing to me that these two little beings can bring so much happiness, frustration, tears (some joy, some not), laughter...
the list just goes on. Being a parent is so rewarding. Michelle used to say that she didn't know if she wanted to have any more children after Natalie because she wasn't sure that she would be able to love any one as much as she loved her. Apparently, Scott had considered this a silly thought.
Until yesterday, after we both got home, Scott & the kiddos were lounging on our bed, I came in and Scott as serious as could be says that he doesn't think we should have anymore children, because there is no way that he will ever be able to love another little boy or girl as much as he loves the two that we have.
We know that our capability to love will grow as we have more children but it is refreshing to know that every ounce of love that we can muster up at this point is being given to each other. It reminds me of the primary Song:
I love sister, she loves me. We love brother yes sirree. He loves us and so you see, we are a happy family.
I love mommy she love me. We love daddy yes sirree. He loves us and so you see, we are a happy family.
I love my children. I love being a mom. I loved being pregnant. I loved giving birth. I loved nursing them. I used to love sleep, but I love being woken up by two cheerful children who don't have a clue that it is only 6 in the morning. I love that regardless of which one wakes up first they are always eager to see the other. I love the complete joy that jumps across their faces when they haven't seen each other all day. I love that when you ask if they want to see someone they sometimes say no, but I don't think that that has ever been the case for each other. The other day Beckett wanted me to move his carseat to the middle so that he could sit next to his baby. I did and they held hands, shared snacks & played peek-a-boo.
While on our "trip" we looked at pictures of Beckett when he was just a little peanut, not able to even walk yet it, then pictures when he was the size that Monroe is now. It just goes by so quickly. I am sad that my babies are quickly morphing from one stage to another.
This is such a beautiful time in their friendship. Monroe looks up to Beckett. Beckett looks after Monroe. He teaches her how to do...well, do lots of things (not all of which I am excited about). She follows him blindly trusting that regardless of what happens it will be worth it. She is such a sport when Beckett hugs and loves her so hard. Beckett literally loves her hard. I will be so sad when they start to not like each other. We have decided that we will be weallpapering their rooms with pictures from this stage. To remind them how much they LOVE & LIKE each other.
Thank you Ben and Becca for the pictures. We love them. I still have to attach a few more but our computer is acting up.








4 comments:
Your kids are getting so big and are so gorgeous!!! You look great yourselves!
I agree you guys make really beautiful babies. And when did Monroe get so big. I was thinking she was still a baby. She is a big girl in these pictures.
I don't know where to begin! The kids are so cute/beautiful. Seeing these pictures makes me miss you all terribly! I love you Faith Morgan!
How the crap am I just now seeing these pics??? Beautiful, stunning, gorgeous family!
I just finished reading through your posts. There is so much to say. We miss you guys so much!
Post a Comment