Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mills Apple Farm

Want to know what great is? Don't worry I am going to tell you. Can you handle the suspence? Probably not.
Great is getting a text from your aunt saying that she is going to in town unexpectedly and being able to coordinate a whole weekend to hang out with family.

Day 1: Grant Fork, IL
So Shannon, my sister, that lovely lady and her cute family moved out to the middle of nowhere. There city literally has a population of 250 people. I suppose it is 256 now with their clan, but none the less it is may as well be East Egypt.

It was well worth the trip. Shannon and Chris are definitely the hostesses with the mostess (kids that is, hehe). Seriously though they had a day of greatness planned and even though I was in a slightly crotchety mood to start the day, all my feelings of angst disappeared from the moment I decided to stop by Dunkin Donuts, I suppose the hour long car drive may have had something to do with it...

When we arrived we sat and gabbed for a while, helped open cans for the chili and then finally made our way to Mills Apple Farm. Which is conveniently located in East Egypt also. It was the most perfect day to be out in the elements. There was a fun chicken coup/maze thing, a tractor, and these wooden gliders, kept the kids occupied.  
 Finally it was time for apple picking and a tractor ride. Beckett was thrilled that we were driving on a dirt road.. That is really a whole nother story. Just know that thrilled is an understatement of his actual excitement.
 Lowell, gave us our speihl and then we were off into the wild (Fuji apple orchird, which was actually spelled Fiji in the store so I am a little confused)
 I think it is safe to say that geniusness runs in our genes and we are all most definitely the best apple pickers that farm has ever seen. Look at these winners.
 We then made our way to the Granny Smith's there were ALOT of apples. I think we were all pretty pooped by the time it was time to be retrieved.
 We all headed up the road a couple miles and feasted on some of the best chili I have had, along with lasagna and homemade apple pie.
And we can't possibly forget the yumminess of the two newest members of our family: Allison Laura and Parker Allen.

**** Calling all Yurcisins (new and old) - I know that there are more pictures hanging around somewhere...If any of you have some of the group or babies I would love to have them.

1 comment:

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

STOP IT! GOSH DANG IT, STOP GROWIN UP YOU KIDS!!! Imagine I'm a grumpy old man shaking a cane while screaming that! I honestly cannot believe my eyes! Where did your babies go? So beautiful/handsome! I LOVE your kids!!! :)