Friday, January 13, 2012

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday morning, as I woke from my much interupted slumber I convinced Monroe to jump out of our bed and give me atleast another minute of quiet time with a semi masterful plan. I would send her to check and see if there was snow. I was hoping that the answer would be know, in fact I was almost positive that the answer would be no; however, that was not the case. She came back excitedly to confirm that there was indeed snow and that she wanted to go out and play in it.
 We woke up Beckett in a similar manner, his reaction, slightly different. He hurriedly clothed himself, put on his "hard workin' man" boots, his coat and begged to go outside. I agreed. Monroe followed. They played for a short amount of time and then came in wet. Beckett begged me to let him make a snow angel. I denied him of his chance for pure joy for the morning. In my defense, it was cold, the roads were bad and I did not want him to get his clothes wet. They both came  in still wet, regardless of my attempt, taking off boots, socks, coats...I am not even sure what else, I left to go to work leaving Scott there to figure it out.
The roads were HORRIBLE!!! Seriously horrible, I think the street dept must have been just as skeptical of the snow as I was, because there was nothing. The Honda Civic in front of me took 5 minutes to get up a 2o degree incline, IF THAT.
WORK was BLAH BLAH BLAH...Shall we fast forward?
I picked up Beckett and the FIRST thing he asked when we were alone was MOM CAN I MAKE A SNOW ANGEL. I told him that I didn't know if it was a good idea, when we got home, he asked again. I agreed this time and HE WAS FILLED WITH BLISS.
May I present to you.....OUR MUCH ANTICIPATED SNOW ANGEL!!!!
He did a REALLY good job don't you think?
 As always, whatever Beckett does, Monroe is sure to follow.
 Notice Beckett's Jeans
And here Monroe is loving life whilst Beckett is making yet another snow angel.
It was cold, I am thoroughly looking forward to the 40-50 degree weather, that is just around the corner . But I am so happy that the wee ones were able to enjoy a minimal amount of snow.
Tomorrow, they will be broken. As it will start the 40 degree "heat wave".

4 comments:

Janee said...

Boy I do not miss that. But somehow Maya got a bug in her ear about SNOW and keeps asking for a snow sled (what?) and to go sledding. Um, it's been 80 degrees here the past week. No idea...

Amy B said...

we went skiing today and there was basically no snow!

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

CUTENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amberly said...

Your kids are getting so big!