Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sweet Dreams

I know it seems like sleep is the only thing occupying my mind right now, but I am really just trying to update my blog and post some pictures.




Look at those nails

Beckett & Aleks having a mock sleep over


This one requires a story...I think it is well known that Beckett has never slept through the night. I mean there has been an occasional night but on the whole, he has never reached the phase of sleeping through the night. Well, when he was a baby I realized that he doesn't always wake up. He would cry but if I got to him fast enough and soothed him back into a deep sleep he would go right back to sleep. The tricky part was that if I picked him up I couldn't put him down. He would wake up the moment I pulled him away from my body in order to place him in the crib. One night in my desperation to comfort him (and catch a few Zs myself) I jumped into his crib, with him. I would feed him, rock him to sleep and then lay down with him, therefore never giving him the oppurtunity to feel like I was putting him down. I always felt as if I tricked him to sleep, but now I realize that he had the upper hand. He manipulated me. At such a young, ripe age he was able to get a girl in her mid 20s to sleep in a crib. And it didn't even stop there. We moved him over to a "big boy bed" on November 7th, which would have made me just about 7 months pregnant... I hoisted my pregnant body over the side of his crib, contorted my body into whatever shape would allow both of us to fit into it and sleep comfortably. Until he would fall back asleep, unfortunately, I usually fell asleep before he would and so a few hours would pass before I realized I could go back to my own bed. I would have let him sleep our bed but that was the same as announcing that it was time to wake up and play.

Well, his charm and manipulation is still in full swing. Whenever I put him to bed he will look at me and say MOM, while patting his pillow, as an invitation to join him. I am a sucker. But we both fit a lot more comfortably now that I don't have a huge belly.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Hawks said...

your kids are so cute! i can't believe how fast time flies. i feel like i was just at your baby shower!