Friday, March 6, 2009

I was just putting Beckett to bed and he did what he does every night, after we brush our teeth, say our prayers and kiss each other goodnight, he turns and says MOM! and pats his pillow, inviting me to join him. Well, tonight, just like many other nights I told him that I was not going to sleep with him...because he doesn't go to sleep he plays & talks to me for as long as I will allow it. I left his door open and left his room, he screamed and cried, yelling my name, MOM, MMOOOMMM, MMMMOOOOMMMMM. It broke my heart so I went back in and sang to him, and tried once again to say goodnight. Once again it resulted in MOM, MMOOOMMM, MMMMOOOOMMMMM, so I went in and picked him up and started to rock him to sleep. That's when it happened, as he was lying there in my arms, it hit me my baby boy is not a baby, all I could do was cry as I stroked his hair.
Where did my baby go? He is a little boy. He understands sentences, and knows what he wants and can verbalize those wants. He burps Monroe after she eats, he even burps his stuffed animals. He can jump on a bed without holding on to anything, he can jump off a bed and land on his feet, he stands on the back of the couch and does a flying leap to the cushions. Sometimes he scares me but I have to remind myself that he is a boy doing the things that he loves to do, and I don't want to hold him back. See there it goes again...hold him back. What happened to me doing everything for him and him depending on me for everything. Where is my baby boy????

2 comments:

Johanna said...

I know exactly what you mean and I think the new baby really makes you realize how big the older one has gotten. As soon as John brought EZ to the hospital and I saw him next to Netta I thought what happened to my baby boy. And now that we are trying to potty train and he gives me attitude from time to time I really wonder what happened to my baby.

Janee said...

I am totally going through the same thing with Maya right now! Dan wants me to get this potty training done asap but I find myself holding back because I don't want to face the fact that she's not a baby anymore. It makes me so sad! In fact, we spent the whole weekend in Vegas and I asked my mom if Maya asked for us and she didn't, she was totally fine without us. How can that be?!

Sorry for the totally long comment, I just know what ya mean.