Shannon, Betty and ME went to the Collective Soul Concert. It was a good time. Before going to the show we stopped and ate at a little pizza place called PI, like the math symbol...Anyway, we had a fabulous pizza, which I may have eaten one too many slices, but regardless it was FAB. Then we made our way over to the Pageant. The opener to the opener was Ryan Starr. We didn't really get to hear him but the actual opener was Safety Suit. I liked them. They sang a song "Annie" and I thought it was good. I couldn't really see the lead singers face but his mannerisms were very similar to Scott's, so I sat there the entire time, daydreaming about Scott. I know kimd of silly but hey...what are you going to do? Once Safety Suit finished they started to prep the stage for Collective Soul, it was...ODD. Yes, I think odd is the best description. The stage guys spent an obscene amount of time taping 5 sheets of paper and a rug on to the stage. They must have gone over ever edge like 5 times. Shannon and I were wondering what we had gotten ourselves in to. We were trying to remember how old the lead singer of Collective Soul really was. Was he geriatric?? Why did he need a rug or reminder papers...??? I haven't been to too many concerts but it was...odd. The band came out, I didn't know the 1st 4 songs but then they started to sing some songs that I knew. It was extremely entertaining. I loved watching the lead singer do random things...I can't explain it, but RANDOM. Poor Betty, I am pretty sure that she wanted to let it out and just dance but Shannon and I were keeping entertained by "people watching". IT WAS GREAT!!!!! At one point we had to ask if Collective Soul was a Christian Rock Band. There were a lot of single men there and older couples. The average age of the mosh pit was 50... Any way it was a good time. I am glad that there was good company. The outcome could have been very different.
OH one last thing. I know that it is proper grammar to use I instead of me when referring to the three of us. I just wrote that to get under your skin Shannon. I love you. Did it drive you crazy this entire time?....I guess we'll find out if you think it is necessary to call me before you get to the end of this post.



No comments:
Post a Comment