Sunday, May 31, 2009
The craziest thing just happened. Scott and I were sitting in the back yard, relaIxing, as we watched Beckett pick nerds off of the gound (judge us if you will). We noticed that the normal bird chirping increased and was getting louder. Then all of a sudden there was a HUGE flock of birds that ran into the side of our house, we looked up and there was a hawk, the flock of birds was chasing the hawk. It was crazy, seriously like 25 birds chasing 1 big bird. After they flew back into the trees, still making a rucus, Scott looks up and notices that the little bird nest that sat in the elbow of our gutter was missing. I went and looked and it seems as if the hawk came for the nest on purpose. I saw the little nest; immediately, I looked for the little eggs and I saw one. It was horrible. I got sick. Just as Scott was coming over to look at everything I saw another broken egg. That egg was worse than the one before. I am so sad for our little mama and papa bird that guarded that nest day in and day out. I am amazed that so many birds attacked the hawk the was vandalizing the neighborhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you moved to a sketchy neighborhood if you ask me! :_)
Oh gosh! That's crazy, weird, and sad!
What the?!
Post a Comment